David Abrams, Esq.
David Abrams, a founding partner of Strongin Rothman & Abrams, has over twenty years of civil litigation experience, including significant trial experience in the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey. He concentrates his practice in transportation/trucking, sports and recreational injury litigation, products liability, hospitality industry litigation, premises and premises security liability, construction site accidents, insurance coverage, and commercial litigation.
Since 1996, David has served as national coordinating counsel for Club Mediterranee, S.A.’s insured litigation in the United States, a position he proposed, developed, and implemented. He is a former Chairman and a member of the Board of Directors of Eagle International Associates, Inc., an international network of independent law firms, adjusters, and claims related service providers.
David has lectured on a variety of civil litigation topics at bar association seminars and before professional organizations.
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 1985, with distinction
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1979
- New York Supreme Court
- New Jersey Superior Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Defending the Design Defect Case; Strategic Considerations
Contributing Author, Products Liability in New York, Chapter 8, New York State Bar Association
- Yanouskiy v. Eldorado Logistics Systems, Inc., et al, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS, 76604 (EDNY 2006) (dismissal granted for lack of personal jurisdiction; transfer of venue to Nebraska, site of accident).
- Arifi v. De Transport Du Cocher, Inc., et al, 290 F. Supp. 2d 344 (EDNY 2003) (law firm disqualification obtained based on conflict of interest).
- Jefferson Insurance Company of New York v. Cassella, et al, 2003 U.S.Dist. LEXIS 7882 (EDNY 2003) (summary judgment granted; declaratory judgment action on marine insurance policy).
- Furgang v. Club Med, Inc., et al, 299 A.D.2d 162 (1st Dept. 2002), leave to appeal denied, 99 N.Y.2d 504 (summary judgment affirmed, assumption of risk doctrine barred action).
- Valmon v. 4M &M Corporation, et al, 291 A.D.2d 343 (1st Dept. 2002); leave to appeal denied, 98 N.Y.2d 611 (judgment reversed; case dismissed; relation back not applicable).
- Stein v. Club Med Sales, Inc.,239 A.D.2d 402 (2d Dept. 1997) (summary judgment affirmed, tour booking agent not liable for injuries at resort).
PRESENTATIONS & LECTURES
- Contractual Risk Transfer: “Indemnification, Additional Insured Endorsements, Contract Liability Coverage and OCP Policies.”, In-house presentation given to General Casualty Insurance Company, April 2008.
- “Evaluating Wrongful Death Damages,” In house presentation given to Markel Insurance Company of Canada, January 2008.
- “Overview-‘Bad Faith’ in New York and New Jersey,” In-house presentation given to Church Mutual Insurance Company, March 2007.
- “PIP/Auto Property Damage Reimbursement and Subrogation Claims in New York and New Jersey,” In-house presentation to Markel Insurance Company of Canada, November 2006.
- “Advanced Techniques of Alternative Dispute Resolution,” Moderator, Panel Discussion at Eagle International Associates, Inc. Fall 2006 Seminar, Sophisticated Claims Practices: From Impact to Resolution, October 20, 2006, New York, NY.
- “Voir Dire-Basics of Civil Practice – The Trial,” New York State Bar Association presentation, May 27, 2004.
- “Defending Tour Operators Against Modern Theories of Liability,” Presentation given at Eagle International Associates, Inc. Fall 2002 Seminar, Travel Insurance and Travel Law, October 2-4, 2002, Las Vegas, NV.
- “Defending Negligent Security Claims: How Much Protection is Enough,” Presentation given at Eagle International Associates, Inc. Fall 2000 Seminar, Containing the Explosion: Managing and Defending Nursing Home Risks, October 12-13, 2000, Las Vegas, NV;
- “Client Communications: How to Build a Defense Through Early Investigation,” In-house risk management presentation given to General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists, 1995;